- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 50g (1/2 cup) flaked almonds
- 1.2kg Lilydale Free Range Chicken Thigh, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g (3/4 cup) Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 6 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 50g butter, chopped
- 2 brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp thickened cream
Process the ginger
, garlic, garam masala, chilli flakes and almonds in a food processor until combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Step 2
- Add chicken, yoghurt, tomato paste and cardamom. Stir until combined. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- Step 3
- Heat oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring often, for 7 minutes or until golden. Add chicken mixture. Cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and starts to brown. Stir in cream. Simmer, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until warm.