1 tablespoon olive oil
1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 celery stick, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg Coles Australian 3 Star Beef Mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup (185ml) beef stock
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 2 x 600g ctns Coles Fresh Mashed Potato
- 1/2 cup (60g) grated cheddar
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220C.
in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until onion softens.
Add garlic and cook for 30 secs or until fragrant. Add mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 8 mins or until browned. Add tomato paste, tomato, Worcestershire sauce and stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 mins or until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in peas. Set aside for 15 mins to cool.
- Step 3
- Meanwhile, heat mashed potato following packet directions.
- Step 4
- Spoon beef mixture into a ceramic 6cm-deep, 22cm-square (4L-capacity) baking dish. Top with mashed potato and cheese. Bake for 10-15 mins or until golden. Serve with mixed salad leaves.