So you have a blog where you are writing about things that matter to you deeply and pouring your heart out but there are no readers? Does it mean that no one cares about what you think? Chances are, you are just not marketing yourself well enough and getting your content to the desired audience. There was a simpler time when all you needed to do to be a successful blogger was to use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and paid content and of course captivating content is a given. Now in order to be a successful blogger, you also need to market yourself using the ever-growing social media.
- Social Media Plugins: One of the first things that you should do on your blog is to add various social media plugins so that sharing your blog is easier for people on the popular sites. No one these days has the time to copy the link by going to the browser and then sharing it.
- Have a Social Presence: Market, market, market. Make it your new mantra. Have accounts for your blog with the blog name on all the social platforms like a Facebook page, Twitter handle, Instagram etc., and post on them regularly. Do not use them only to promote what you have written on your blog but periodically post about things relevant to your main blog theme. Regularly posting will keep your name fresh in the mind of the readers and it is also a great way to build a new audience for your blog posts. Use hashtags, catch phrases, headlines etc to draw in your user. A touch of humor never hurt anybody as it makes you seem more humble and human.
- Be Accessible: Posting on social media websites comes with a drawback. Not everyone is going to agree with you and people may even get aggressive with you. Always try to answer the comments on your page or blog, no matter if positive or negative and keep a check on your anger. Answering to peoples comment and questions makes them feel connected to you and heard. So be polite and use the comment section to win people over.
- Ask Your Friends & Family: There is no harm in asking people to share your content on their feeds and other websites like Stumbleupon, Digg etc. This helps in spreading your message and out of a hundred users who read your blog on these sites, at least a few will actually visit your blog and follow you. Slowly and steadily, build your audience.
- Be Friends With Other Bloggers: There are numerous blogging groups on Facebook where bloggers talk and share and other people use it for problem solving. Since most of these people like reading blogs, it can be a great way to boost traffic. Collaborate with other bloggers, follow them back and if you take inspiration from someone’s blog, credit them properly.
Above all, don’t forget to write meaningful, original content. Happy Blogging!